Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 02 2008 :  9:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So here's a question to discuss over this weekend.. which colored coverings for FED 5 series were real factory and which were not? Which of the FED 5 series had genuine black tops and which did not? Almost seemed to confused me due to the slew of painted or not FED 5's available.

I would definitely like to create some kind of guide by which to determine this.

Thanks

Vlad
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - May 03 2008 :  11:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Vlad,
you know , it is very difficult to got some explanation and documents from the former Fed factory....but may be somebody ? ....
Go to Top of Page

Ulrich W.
uwittehh
Germany
821 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 03 2008 :  2:01:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit uwittehh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have seen black/silver ones. And a special edition exists, brown leather (real ugly brown) with a black top. I think is was a special edition for Foto Brenner (who sold them new out of stock until today)?

Ulrich

http://fotos.cconin.de
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 04 2008 :  5:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a red 5C, is it a modification?
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 04 2008 :  6:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

It seems to me that some of the red ones are factory made and some are off-site modifications. There are differences in the covering between the two, however I don't have examples to illustrate.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 04 2008 :  6:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bill,

it's this one:
http://www.ussrphoto.com/Wiki/default.asp?ImageID=638&ParentID=1&WikiCatID=76&ContentID=208

And and it's 70-year anniversary version... I know I've seen some genuine red as you're saying that is why I started doubting the "fakeness" of this one that I have

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 04 2008 :  10:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMHO People who produced such cameras have no taste.
But as always it make great collector's item!
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - May 05 2008 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I came up with grim name for Red Fed5 – "Death of the Communism".
Everyone has to have red-and-black ribbon on funerals of Party officials.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google