Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  8:54:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
First to reach Average member - Srednii Chelovek? hehe
Regards
LP

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  9:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's some stupid forum ranking system that came with this forum module.. based on your number of posts...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  9:26:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, you're a "serious collector" now I changed the rankings names to make it more fun.. heheheh
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  9:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No No .. I prefer in being a "Stupid collector" or a "Stupid fellow" to harmonize with the first idea hehe
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  1:26:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You underestimate yourself greatly Luiz! ..

But seriously, since we already have these ranks, based on number of forums posts, these ones I just made sounds pretty cheesy, how about we come up with a ranking system for forum members? I think there are 5 levels. Anyone cares to suggest a list?

Thanks!
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  2:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1st level is Smena
2nd level is Elikon
3rd level is Zenit
4th level is Kiev
5th level is Almaz

Smena rules
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  5:46:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Juhani, I like a lot where you are going with this, but it needs to be a bit more straightforward, so you can tell when one level is higher than other.. for example why Kiev is ranked higher than Zenit?

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  8:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Why should anyone be ranked? Is someone better than someone else? I did not know that some collectors are more serious than others ... and how do we really know who is more experienced than someone else?

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  9:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ouch, Bill, no I think you misunderstood, this is rankings based on number of posts and not the rank of a collectors.. the ranks right now that I have are me just goofing around I wasn't implying anything, I'm trying to come up with something that indicated that this person had certain participation level on forums and not their experience as a collector.... I'll change these back now until we decide what to call these.. I thought if we come up with fun names for people of different level or participation it would be just basically... fun

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad,

I didn't misunderstand, but the levels were like "serious collector", "advanced collector", or something like that so it just doesn't really line up with how many posts a person has made. You know what I mean ... an advanced collector may have just made one post and so is rated at "beginning collector" or whatever.

I'm also not sure why you want to show the participation level of a member. Why would this be important to show? Sorry if I sound too serious, but to me, the fun part is just interacting with other collectors and users of Russian cameras, not so much who can post the most stuff. Everybody here is already a lot of fun! ;-)

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  10:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You know what, you're absolutely right! If you noticed I turned it off completely actually in the forum threads . It's just I like new toys and I found this feature in the forum when Luiz pointed it out from the member's list, I have not seen before and decided maybe to turn it on to add more bells and whistles, but now to hell with it! Thank you for your suggestion!!! Of course having fun comes first, and my idea of further fun was misplaced Your wise words had moved me once more!

Thanks!
Your friend and humble student ,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  11:13:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Now Vlad, I am posting this message just to get one more post number on my rating! Fun is fun and so now I'm going to try to catch up with your huge number of posts!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  10:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

happy to be the 2nd to reach "Level-3". Should I be very proud?

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google