Located in
Still Cameras > Kiev / Arsenal - Other

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  09:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

Let me show you one more interesting version of Kiev-Vega camera from Viktor Suglob collection. And take your look at different shutter speeds ... Any comments?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/IMG_4449_resize.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/IMG_4450_resize.jpg

Best Regards,
Aidas

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  1:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow.. different GOST? Interesting. Do you know by any chance the serial #? Also could you add it to catalog so we don't loose it?

Thanks for posting this Aidas, this is news for me!
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  01:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Vlad!

The serial number of particular camera is #37348 ..., so nothing special ...

My initial idea was to have wider discussion about these exotic cameras, before adding them to catalogue.

I agree, that fear to loose the actual topic really exist. We have a lot of topics right now, some of them are useless, but some are very informative indeed. I have some kind of decinion - I'm duplicating the valuable information in my own site. But this way requires a lot of time, which is true deficit nowadays ...

That's why I'd like to make a suggestion. If we are discussing about the particular camera from our catalogue, we should use forum thread from the Wiki entry of particular camera. It's quite simply and efficient. May be you have noticed, I'm using these threads some time already beeing very satisfied with results indeed.

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  5:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And yet you have posted the Kiev Vega straight into forums .. It's ok, I can tie it manually to a topic later, it's just a bit more complicated process.. and if anyone else needs any topics tied to wiki entries please ask me I will do it since it is how this site was designed to organize the information, Aidas is right, it seems to work really good I think.

Now more on topic.. serial#37348?? that is very very odd then, I figure it to be some early version, but now it's somewhere in the middle... my Vega is 94XXX, does anyone have a unit before 37XXX? Just curious to see whether we can determine some kind of explanation for this oddity, especially the shutter speed selection.

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  02:49:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do possess Kiev Vega #09557 and it's identical to type-1 on Princelle book.

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
James McGee
James McGee
Azerbaijan
192 Posts
Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  05:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Aidas, that's a very interesting Kiev-Vega. Thanks for sharing it with us.
In fact I think that the whole family of these Kiev-Vega/Kiev 30 cameras are interesting, and I have noted that within the last few months forum members, (mainly Aidas) have turned up some previously unknown variants of this camera.
In fact I have quite a lot of these cameras, probably in excess of forty, and I probably brought another fiteen or so back with me to give to fellow friends & collectors in the UK. I collected all these cameras in the mid to late nineties. At that time these cameras were plentiful and very cheap in the FSU.
Now I will have to check all the ones that I have at home to see if any of them are different from the norm, ie different shutter speeds, or unusual body cut outs, etc. I can't say that I noticed anything unusual about any of them, but you never know! It's certainly worth taking a closer look just in case.
I know that these cameras are Minox copies, but they seem to be well made, and the mechanism seems smooth and relatively trouble free. Perhaps that explains why they were so popular in their time. Plus of course the fact that they were also relatively inexpensive when compared with other cameras.
Best wishes, jim.
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  10:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim,

let me to remind you, that Vega cameras are Minolta copies indeed. You are right about Minox copies when talking about Kiev-35 cameras ...

Best Regards,
Aidas

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google