Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams

Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  01:53:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

just wanted to illustrate the transitional Fed-1c, Jacques was talking about in previous Topics. The particular camera has few visible changes already : (1) top front center screw near the lens rim is completely visible, (2) no more screws visible under the rewind knob. So it's identical to Fed-1d, but still bearing type-c engravings.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/P9100004rsz.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/P9100007rsz.jpg

Best Regards,
Aidas

Dayton nathandayton
USA
95 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  2:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit nathandayton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I do not want to be a wet blanket, but how do we know that this is a real varient and not a camera made out of 2 broken cameras?
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  02:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nathan,

I'm absolutely sure it's authentic camera, while having all the attributes of transitional Fed-1c in range #92.000-#95.000. The earliest transitional camera in my database comes with #92613, the earliest 1d version has #96404. Although I can't see any signs of possible repair on my camera, the apparent repairman should be very skilful and aware person to unite the spare body with top plate, which fit each other perfectly both technically and historically ... BTW The particular camera comes with regular FED lens #95761.

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  05:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Absolutely sure too: a fine transitional 1c, Aidas!
Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Nicolas
Gelios
USA
57 Posts
Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  3:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This post reminded me something.... I checked my #94157 FED and it is similar to the one shown here. Unfortunately, I don't have the original FED lens.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google