Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Joe Lopez
joelopez

USA
6 Posts
Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  5:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello: I'm Joe Lopez from Tacoma, WA. I just joined the forum today. I recently begun collecting FSU rangefinders (I have a Kiev 2a and 4, Fed 3, and Zorki 1). I've collected cameras off and on for over 20 years. A couple of years ago, I thought that I'd gotten out of the hobby for good when I sold off a collection of Rolleiflexes that I'd built up over time, but then fell victim to the lure of a lovely Kiev 4. All I needed to do was to hold it and I was once again hooked. I'm really finding that these rangefinders really take me back to what I first loved about photography. They're interesting, great to look at, and each has a personality all its own.

Joe Lopez
Tacoma WA

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  9:29:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Joe,

welcome to the forums! Yes for some reason these old camera radiate some kind of positive energy, holding one always seems to have a calming effect on me too . Soviet cameras are where the mysteries lie, this is a very exciting field, read back the old posts on the forums, you will discover a lot of interesting stories.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google