Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
zhang
Kievuser

310 Posts
Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  01:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

I saw a black Tair-11-2 133/2.8 recently, but I could not find any information about it. I wonder what is the difference between it and the more common chrome finish Tair-11? Has anyone owned and tried this lens? Is it a very rare lens?

Thanks

Zhang
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  04:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TAIR 11- really ? I possess only a black TAIR 11 (same shape than aluminium )
if it is this one : no differences in quality but better look.a little bit more rare than white one.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  04:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mermoz37

TAIR 11- really ? I possess only a black TAIR 11 (same shape than aluminium )
if it is this one : no differences in quality but better look.a little bit more rare than white one.

Thanks alain for you quick reply. Is your lens a Tair 11 or a Tair 11-2? I am curious why it is a 11-2?

Kind Regards,

Zhang
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  06:09:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Zhang!
Tair 11-2 is a quite rare lens . I believe they were made in a single batch around 1972. The same optical formula of previous Tair but a complete different mechanical mount, including the "A" interchangeable mount to fit various cameras. (Zenit M39, Zenit K and Kiev N) the filter thread is now 55mm instead of the old 49mm
LP
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  06:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luiz Paracampo

Hello Zhang!
Tair 11-2 is a quite rare lens . I believe they were made in a single batch around 1972. The same optical formula of previous Tair but a complete different mechanical mount, including the "A" interchangeable mount to fit various cameras. (Zenit M39, Zenit K and Kiev N) the filter thread is now 55mm instead of the old 49mm
LP

Luiz, You are great! I know that you are interested in Chinese cameras and lenses. Here is a group of extremely rare Chinese 35mm cine primes made in 1970's FYI. Few people has ever seen these.

I can provide more information about htese lenses if you need.

Cheers

Zhang
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  08:03:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tair-11A from my collection:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/Tair11A.JPG

Go to Top of Page
Michel Labaere
Michel L
France
6 Posts
Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  08:51:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
all what you say about the black Taïr 11-2 is very interesting.
I got one on E... a few months ago, just the lens, no case, no caps, no filters. But only 10 Euros in rather good condition!
Luiz says filter size 55mm, mine has 49mm and no removable lens mount, Sérial N° is starting with 03.
Could be an older model? Serial numbers on russian lenses are sometimes strange.
I shot some flowers with it this summer and I like the results.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  09:16:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michel L

Hello,
all what you say about the black Taïr 11-2 is very interesting.
I got one on E... a few months ago, just the lens, no case, no caps, no filters. But only 10 Euros in rather good condition!
Luiz says filter size 55mm, mine has 49mm and no removable lens mount, Sérial N° is starting with 03.
Could be an older model? Serial numbers on russian lenses are sometimes strange.
I shot some flowers with it this summer and I like the results.

Hi Michel L,

Thanks for the input. So you have a Tair 11-2? I don't think it was made in 2000. It could be from that small batch as Luiz mentioned. 10 euro is really a great price for such a rare lens.
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  6:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all!
Tair 11 Tair 11-2 and Tair 11-A are illustrated on Princelle's book.
Note that only the version "A" comes with filtres.
Observe that Tair 11 was first made for Zenit M39, further for M42 still as Tair 11 . these were originally made in 55mm filter thread but had a factory made reduction ring for 49mm . Soon they decided to make Tair 11-2 exactly as the previous model, differing the -2 to be noted as a M42 version -They went to the black model still with the same external shape and further they removed the step down adapter being only a 55mm threaded filter mount. This last model received the "A" ring and soon they disclosed the magnificent version of Cedricfan
I used these lenses and they are slightly softer than Jupiter 11 (On top) and further Jupiter 37 versions.
regards LP

Hey Zhang! Give us characteristics of your Chinese shown lenses.
On time: I tested the Seagull DF1 Haiou 58 and Peafowl DF lenses and felt they are a replicate of the Helios 44.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  1:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Luiz ,
where did you saw TAIR model 2 in Princelle's ? I try to see it ....
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  08:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

hi Luiz ,
where did you saw TAIR model 2 in Princelle's ? I try to see it ....

I did not find it either. This looks like a rare lens.
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  03:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So...Michel L. ,
would you please show us a picture of your TAIR 11-2 ?
I will be gratefull to have it (and Wiki too ??).
thanks in advance,
ALain
Go to Top of Page
Michel Labaere
Michel L
France
6 Posts
Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  2:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course I will be with pleasure, I show here 1 or 2 pictures of this Taïr 11-2.
And in the Wiki as well.
I try to do it tomorrow.

Michel.
Go to Top of Page
Michel Labaere
Michel L
France
6 Posts
Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  3:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I have uploaded two photos of my Taïr 11-2 in the Wiki catalog, I tried to do it also here in a message, but I cannot.
May be I did it in a wrong way? If an helpfull member could explain me how to do it...
Excuse me for the very poor quality of these two pictures, I gave my digital camera to my son who is on holidays. I will do better pictures when he will be back.
Thanks for your indulgence.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  4:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Michel, don't use any spaces or parentheses in file names.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  08:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks Michel...we must wait for better front lens picture
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Allain
Really there is no Tair 11-2 on Princelle's book but a Tair 11 (you do not know the fitting thread) with a 55mm filter thread Here the page photo for comparison.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/tair11.JPG

see also the link.
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got two TAIR 11 on my shelves (11 and 11-2)unfortunatly not black one
anyway the first main difference is : TAir 11 have a blue coated lens (like primitives Helios 44) and Tair 11-2 have a yellowish coated lenses.
If you need , I can test each one on my EOS 5D for comparison....
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1014 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  1:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How rare is the shiny Tair-11 in ZM39? One #0191101 for sale in Finland right now...
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  03:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

How rare is the shiny Tair-11 in ZM39? One #0191101 for sale in Finland right now...

These are not rare IMO. I have one with a s/n 001150.
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  03:31:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I got two TAIR 11 on my shelves (11 and 11-2)unfortunatly not black one
anyway the first main difference is : TAir 11 have a blue coated lens (like primitives Helios 44) and Tair 11-2 have a yellowish coated lenses.
If you need , I can test each one on my EOS 5D for comparison....

Hello alain,

A silver TAIR-11-2 could be even rarer. A coating colour change usually indicates a change of glass type,so the 11-2 might have a new type of glass?

Kind Regards,

zhang
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  04:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
after "zorki's eyes-looking-at " Yes ...TAir 11 is 39 mm screw mount and Tair 11-2 is 42 !
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  04:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and a third one (Tair 11) on my Start "revolver" lens mount (see it in Princelle's)
Go to Top of Page
zhang
Kievuser
310 Posts
Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  4:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

after "zorki's eyes-looking-at " Yes ...TAir 11 is 39 mm screw mount and Tair 11-2 is 42 !

I gave up resistance, and bought the lens. It is a beautiful lens with a shining black finish. S/N is 031245. there is engraving 'made in USSR' on the lens tube, so it was made for export I guess. It has a fixed M42 mount.
Go to Top of Page
Richard Nuttall
Poolhall
United Kingdom
163 Posts
Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  03:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Poolhall's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine is Tair-11a exactly like Juhani's picture kmz logo and serial 001451, no filters, came in black bakelite box, with Made in Ussr so presume its an export. Great lens didn't think it was so rare but I know they don't appear too often

Samsung GX-10,too many Russian Lenses,some Zenit,Yashica,Pentax Bodies and a Minox35GT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google