Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
dee * [ adopted ] dowling
dee

United Kingdom
114 Posts
Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  08:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I am new here , but love my Zorki 1s / Zorki Ss / Zenit 1s / Zenit Ss - and Kievs .

I have several Kievs , 'cos I have an autistic glitch and this is a rare ''toy '' which hands and eyes kombine to make less out of phase / bewildering ...

I mean that most things seem distant and unreal .

However I have problems with fussy writing and dee'tails [ and with puns ! ]

I am intending to have a '' set '' of Kiev shapes drastically simplified , with no self timer and flash socket , new tan leather nickel plated and no numbers on the accessory shoe .

These will be a Kiev 2 a , kKiev 3 a - and a Kiev 3 a / 4 hybrid , old style body with Kompact Kiev 4 meter with new cell .

I have found someone to do this for me using scrap parts usually destined for black cameras and Contax copies .

I do have an original Kiev 2 1952 , Kiev 3 1954 , Kiev 4 1959 , so I can appreciate original kameras , but a set of as new special Kievs is perfect for ME .

I may even clear the real Kievs once my tailored trouble makers have arrived !

I have tried to work around my dee'ficulties , but indulging in Leica copy Fed 1 and Zorki 1 worked for me as the originals can't .

This is my last shot at kompatible klassic kameras , as I have sold all my old 60s toys on evil bay .

OK , krazy , but I have the diagnosis to prove it !

Any thoughts on rekonstituted Kievs ?

dee

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  9:09:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Dee,
And welcome to the forum. I think your new customized Kiev's sound very beautiful and nice to use. I hope when you get them you will be able to post some photos of them to the forum and let us know how they are for you to use!
Thanks for joining us and sharing your thoughts and something about yourself with us!

Best regards, Bill

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4248 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  9:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dee,

definitely would love to see the finished product, but please please do not modify anything pre-1953, those are historical pieces.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
dee * [ adopted ] dowling
dee
United Kingdom
114 Posts
Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  01:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

Thanks for your support . No way would I mess with anyKiev pre 1954 , but konfess that I see Kiev 2a and 3aq as fair game !

Mostly my guy wiill use part cameras , but a 1957 Kiev 3a may become a donor for the Kiev 3 / 4 .

Thanks

dee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google