Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  3:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There may be some possible downtime today on the site as I am moving the site to a bigger and faster web server!

Vlad

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  3:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And we are back online on the new server! Please report any issue you encounter while using the site. THanks!!
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1986 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:08:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
first report!
I noted a slight quicker operation on my answers.
I noted yesterday the call on your site.
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:26:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the report Luiz, yes, the server is 10 times faster in specifications that it was before, so the site would be performing much better!

Could you clarify what you meant by "I noted yesterday the call on your site." ? I'm having trouble understanding it.

Thanks!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Guido Studer
Guido
Switzerland
362 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guido's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello Luis and Vlad

"a slight quicker operation" is one thing, but the UssrPhoto.com site is now at *full* speed! I have here a 20 Mbps connection and now it's a real joy to navigate in the site. Before it was *much* slower. Thank you Vlad for this great improvment!

Best wishes - Guido
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  12:34:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, did I forget to mention the new 100Mbit network interface ?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  10:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The site will have to be taken offline briefly tonight 11/24/2008, I just realized that I have not increased the image upload size limit on this new server, so any files over 250kb uploaded will not get through... The procedure will take about 10 minutes.

Thanks,

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  7:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The maintenance is complete, you can now upload images up to 10MB (they get resized anyways to 800 pixels by this website.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Michel
France
217 Posts
Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  04:14:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vlad.
No more "manual resizing"
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  08:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Michel, the resizing actually had always been there .. it's the file size limitation that was a problem last week or so since we moved to a new web server..

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google