Located in
History, Documents & Ephemera > Publications and and Books

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  11:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Bill,

Your Delphin is on the cover of this one :) It's that same exact unit.

Vlad.

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  1:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

Well, I'm glad he sold it as I have wanted to add that underwater cine camera housing "Delphin" to my collection for sometime. When I get it I will add it to the WIKI catalog. Thanks for pointing that out!

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  10:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this CD any good? Do you like it?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  10:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have not gotten it yet, but by conversations with Alex about it has some stuff that is rarely seen. For a serious collector, for the price I think it's worth it.. I'm getting my copy soon.

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  08:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
Your opinion about this CD would be very appreciated. I have visited Alex's camera website once, but the information was quite stingy ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  10:38:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will get it from him next time I will buy something there... maybe in a couple of weeks I'll post something about it.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  1:07:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I decide to buy this CD. Is any one in US like to jump in to split shipping or maybe negotiate a discount?
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  1:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What you can do is if you buy a camera from him, ask him to throw it in.. he may do it. I already did get that CD but he is holding it for me for my next purchase to save on shipping. Note that from conversation with Alex, and he frequents this site as well, this CD is for personal use only, he does not give permission to repost the images from it on other sites.

I am working on a deal with him, when I get that CD I will slowly once in 2 weeks or so post different items from it on this site in exchange for his banner here.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  3:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, no, I’m not proposing to copy this CD or any parts of it. After all money from proceeds will go to future research and will benefit all of us. And I will be glad to support this in every ways. I was thinking to buy many CDs for everyone interesting here in US. But you may be right. Saving is too small and hassles is to big to do this.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  3:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh I wasn't implying about copying it, I'm just saying that if you do get the CD make sure not to repost that material, as the author does not permit it.. that's all...

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  08:30:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I'd like to share my first impression about Alex CD. Just after we have discussed about it, I decided to buy one for my personal uses. Although I have found few mistakes inside and some kind of uncompleteness, I suppose it's worth to have this source. Few interesting versions of mass-market cameras were found in Alex CD.

Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  10:36:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still waiting for my CD. I hope it will arrive soon.
Go to Top of Page
okynek
759 Posts
Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  2:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got my CD today. Completely agreed with Aidas conclusions. CD has a lot of good qualities. Catalog is easy to use, and it pop right up when I insert CD to the computer(finally something is plug&play!:). In many cases CD has more info and pictures then Prencelle, in other cases more info needed. Not to many prototypes and unique cameras are included, but all main stream cameras are there. CD I got only in English. I believe adding Russian version is must for such CD! And other languages would not heart easer
In whole I like CD. Money is well spend
Also like to say that thanks to Vlad who create this Web Side and all of you who contribute to Wiki catalog, we now have resource which can compliment or maybe compete with any source of information for collectors of Russian Cameras!!! Let continue to add more cameras and articles to this incomprehensive katalog!!!
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  2:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Okynek, but the thanks should be to the users, I just kick started the process. And I don't think it's that "incomprehensive" ..
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  06:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi friend ,
just for information:
when we printed the "bible" whith Jean Loup Princelle , we stopped informations from factories and collectors in 1999 .
so just after publishing , many new collectors inform us about new cameras they discovered and evidently not published !
So , after what , as you know , we discovered since, many ,new items like rarest and unknown prototypes...
that's the reason why.....
Go to Top of Page
mike
sovietcam
Switzerland
105 Posts
Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  3:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have 3 version of this cd - 1., 2., 3.2 i find, this cd`s are wonderful for collectors. have many information of cameras and his versions. and each member can ask, how many versions of smena 8m or zenit 11 he has just examples of them. as far as i know, all the cameras are on the cd, which he has sold. i think it`s great that he does. respect!
princelle`s book is 2004 stood still. today we see new cameras and we are see in future new. thanks to the member and seller!
i find it a prity that in the forum has over 100 member, but only 10-15 actively talking. why?!?? boring? nothing to say? nothing to ask?
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  3:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sovietcamhow many versions of smena 8m

I have seven:
Smena 8m WF 1984
Smena 8m WF 1984 LATIN text
Smena 8M WF 1994 New boxed all black fake
Smena 8M WF 1992 New boxed all black real
Smena 8M WF 19?? Anniversary model
Smena 8m RF 19?? Red cyrillic text only
Cosmic 35M WF 1973 NIB UK-rebadged 8m

http://www.cedricfan.sivut.ws/Juhani's%20website%20ORIGINAALIT/
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  12:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have counted at least 13 versions of 8M camera ...
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  01:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just looked at your catalog:
-Completely black, has anyone seen a real one?
-Blue (and other couloured ones) is a fake
-With Smena-8 lens T-43 is homemade

Still missing a couple from 13, don't tease us!

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  02:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Juhani,
8M version with selftimer plus late cameras with red, yellow and green nameplates. I not discount the possibility of counterfeit, but everything can happen with soviet stuff ...

I'm absolute sure my 8M Black is authentic one while bought many years ago locally (and the price was impressive enough - USD 1)
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  02:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
... ok, you mean "complete black" one? No, I never saw this camera alive, but it doesn't prove the vice versa fact of existancy ... The picture of this camera was taken from soviet camera catalogue (1991)
Go to Top of Page

Juhani Halmeenmaki
cedricfan
Finland
1013 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  06:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit cedricfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The coloured ones are 99% fakes. I have both "fake with black faceplate" and "original with black faceplate". When compared there is difference in the lettering: font and size are not precisely like they should. All the coloured ones I have been for sale look like the fake lettering, and the one I bought was from a seller that has all colours. I have some xplanatory pics on my website about how to distinguish these.

So the completely black one is to hunt for!

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  08:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cedricfan

So the completely black one is to hunt for!

Please, tell me if you will find one for sale ...
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  09:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i possess a "no-name" black face plate 8M also...
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  09:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Alain,
Could you place a picture of it ?

Thanks,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google