Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Collectors and Users Open Forum
 Kiev rangefinder serial number

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: Please provide registration password:
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

New! Upload Image

Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jed Posted - Jan 13 2008 : 1:37:06 PM
Hello,

There's a serial number printed (or written) inside the Kiev camera near the shutter release latch. I've worked on 7 cameras and I have noticed no relation with the one printed on the top plate. See picture, the s/n is 10250 whereas we can read 518796 on the top plate.
Nethertheless, in some cases they match. There's some samples in DVDtechnik collection. Very weird.

Any comments ?

Best,
Jed

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kievuser Posted - Jan 14 2008 : 07:29:49 AM
My 1950 Zeiss parts Kiev II 500097 has a number 178 on the shutter frame. I have other two with 27199 and 947, but I forgot the camera model. They seem to be parts number.
nightphoto Posted - Jan 13 2008 : 10:07:17 PM

I have heard that the number inside is actually a date when that part was installed. So, Oct, 2, 1950. Probably the camera wasn't completed until early 1951, when it was given a serial number. However, that does not explain the cameras that have a matching inside number and serial number.

Regards, Bill

Vlad Posted - Jan 13 2008 : 9:16:36 PM
Shutter or shutter assembly serial # possibly? I know Moment shutters for example have their own serial #, I don't see why Kievs wouldn't.... just a guess...

USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google