Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto

USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  11:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I have bought this FED-1 leather case, which appears to be fairly early and was described as a case for FED-1S. But as Vlad points out, why would the lens cover section have to be bigger than a normal case, since the F 2.0 lens on a FED-1S is collapsible! Maybe for the 50 mm Macro lens?

It didn't arrive to me yet so I haven't tried any camera-lens combination to fit yet.

Has anyone ever seen this kind of case and know what goes in it?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/s-case1.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/s-case2.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/s-case4.jpg

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/s-case3.jpg

Regards, Bill

BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  04:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
isn't it adapted for rigide (black or white front plate) or some other Industar ?
anyway the sew (XXXXXX) show an extra nose fitted on normal case.
I have to fish in my batch ,if I remember such a case....
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  04:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
something like that?

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/IMG_0052.JPG

Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  05:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill,
It seems as if an extra piece of leather had been added to house a big lens.
One can think of a rigid or collapsible Sonnar, for example...
Perhaps!

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Jan 30 2009 06:32:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  07:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill,

I do possess a leather case for Fed-1S camera and it looks a little bit different in comparison with yours ... Unfortunately I can not reach the case at the moment to show you ...

Best Regards,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  09:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi!

The cases of an S and of a plain NKVD, if it can help.

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/FS 001.jpg

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  1:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK ... Thanks everyone! Your photos are most helpful.
Looks like it may be a home modification, although the leather looks the same. Maybe I will be able to tell if it was made at home or factory when I get it by looking closely at the stitching threads. It seems to me that I have seen this same type of XXX stitching before on a case, but I can't remember when. I will update when I get the case in the mail.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  1:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
...or these is a factory camera/lens set that we don't know about
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  8:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The case on the right on Jacques' pictures is the correct FED-S case. I had 3 FED-S that came in this exact case (still have one).

Yuri
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 30 2009 :  10:44:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Yuri,
Do you think the leather case I bought is a home modification, maybe to fit a ZK lens or FED Macro lens?

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  04:21:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not Yuri,
(sorry Yuri)
but for me , dear Bill it is handcraft work (may be home or small shoemaker atelier).
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2584 Posts
Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  05:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think too that it's probably a handcraft work to house a big lens.
More probably for a Sonnar if we consider the dates, unless a ZK was put afterwards: LTM Sonnars were made from 1931, if I'm not wrong.
BTW Bill, I have still a spare bag for Fed S (less good than the one in picture). If you are interested...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  09:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am Yuri

Yes, Bill, this is a home modification. You ca clearly see that the top was removed from this case and an extension was inserted.

Like many other home modifications, it is as good as a factory job. It was common to use a company resources for home needs. After all,
everything belonged to the people.

I've seen many cases reworked in the same way as yours. A real factory job usually has a one-piece nose, like on that FED-Zorki and FED-S.

Yuri

quote:
Originally posted by nightphoto

Hi Yuri,
Do you think the leather case I bought is a home modification, maybe to fit a ZK lens or FED Macro lens?

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  10:50:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone. I now too believe it is a home modification and maybe the exact size, when I cansee it in person, will help determine the lens it was modified for.

Thanks for the offer of FED S case Jacques, but now that I look, all three of my FED cameras have a case already ... just like the case you have shown for FED S.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google