Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  9:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These are rare enough to merit attention to individual pieces that surface. Bumped into this image on some Russian photo contest site. TSVVS was an subject of a post. Whoever collects serial #s of these this is for you.

http://www.photosight.ru/photo.php?photoid=1306835&ref=author

Vlad.

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 12 2008 :  9:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Thanks Vlad,
I have a data base of TSVVS cameras and their lenses. This camera was already in my records and they were from an Ebay auction.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  05:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Bill,
in your data base ...have you mine ?
1950 # 781.

alain
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Alain,
Yes, I have yours in there already!

So far there are 37 TSVVS cameras in this little data base (including only one fake TSVVS).

If anyone has an example of this camera for me to add to the list, I will be happy to.

The information I record is:
Serial number of camera
Year
Serial number of lens
Type of lens
Owner or where seen
Authenticity (yes or no)

Usually, if I can not see a photo of the camera I do not make a guess at authenticity. But if I know the collector (such as my friend Alain) then I can take their word for authenticity.

Regards, Bill

Edited by - nightphoto on Jan 14 2008 11:13:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe we should create entries in the WIKI where people can add and edit serial # lists. I think under Member articles will do or I can create a separate category like Serial # lists. This way everyone can see the list and update it if they have new info/equipment... this may be a good idea to track rare cameras like TSVVS as well as the FED-S and so on... what you guys think?

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,
That sounds great. I think a new category would be best and easy to access. If you start it I will put the TSVVS list into it.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I've added Serial Numbers category under Documents. Please place any lists that you have there per camera as separate entries. For example create entry called "TSVVS Serial Numbers" and paste the list into an entry. It would be nice if an image of the camera is also posted so it does not site there with "No Image" icon.

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  12:05:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Thanks Vlad, I have added my data base of TSVVS cameras.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Aidas Pikiotas
AidasCams
Lithuania
973 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  12:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit AidasCams's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great idea - I like it a lot!

Thanks,
Aidas
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  12:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, so if anyone else has any lists on their computers and wants to centralize them, post'em! .. Hopefully Jacques will post his FED-S list

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  09:09:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea!
Of course, OK.
I'm going to see how it works but I'm not good at computers.
If I don't manage, can I send you my list, Vlad?

Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on Jan 15 2008 09:12:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  09:24:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jacques,

of course you can send it to me if posting it is an issue, thank you!

my email is vladkern@particle-z.com if you need it.

It's really easy though, go into catalog into Serial Numbers category. And click on Add New Entry link on the top right. Then just paste your text file in the text box.

Thanks,
Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  10:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well, I've just done it. What a sweat!
If you could:
-find a photo (no numeric here),
-add 1946 as the end of manufacture,
-perhaps, lighten that page. Now I have closed it, I don't know how to re-enter. But is it possible?

Thanks. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2587 Posts
Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  11:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks Vlad. It's much better now.

About authenticity, it's only a visual one. It would be necessary to test the shutter and have a look at the inside. When visibly there is something wrong or if I doubt for some reasons, I have put a ? or only one + .

For the Berdsks, I didn't put anything. Too difficult, because very easy to fake (but only with spares of S). The only passport (DVD) gives 1941 as the date of selling...

Amitiés. Jacques.

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  1:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting it Jacques! You can just click Edit this Entry link to edit it, but I guess you figured it out already.

Vlad.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google