Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo

Brazil
2000 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  1:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
at
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360037210288

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  1:57:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lot of fake cameras for $4000? Now I've seen it all!

Vlad
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  1:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And it's only 1 Yura in there Luiz
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  2:32:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And no FED-2. Auction Team Brecker is not too knowledgeable about Russian cameras.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  2:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Should they be informed?
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  2:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am also quite pissed off to see such ignorance in descriptions and such outrageous prices, but this is a market economy, and ebay is a market. If there is a buyer who is willing to pay this price, then good for him and good for the seller.

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  2:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I sent them this message:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I just wanted to alert you of the fact that at least 2 cameras in this lot are counterfeit including the Yura and the gold FED. Also there is no FED-2 in this lot.

Best regards,
Vladislav Kern

Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2599 Posts
Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  3:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The Fed 2 is probably a Fed S with the 2/50mm.
As for the Yura, one cannot be sure a true one really exists.
So, I don't understand how such prices can be reached. People are mad...

Amitiés. Jacques.
Go to Top of Page
Yuri Boguslavsky
fedka
USA
240 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  3:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit fedka's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Vlad,

You are really trigger-happy:-)
Similar warnings were made before, and more often than not good Samaritans got rude replies.

Think about it - would you want to get such notice? Especially after the fact?

I am a market believer. This is only money, paid for toys, not even for food or medicine. So let the buyer enjoy them.

Also, can you 100% guarantee that the Yura is fake? And I think the seller did say that the gold FED/Leica is fake.

But please keep us posted now:-)

Yuri

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  3:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hehehe... well I don't think they're even aware what they're selling... .. I know I am trigger-happy, it kind of upset me and I'm very impulsive as you know.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Parkinson
nightphoto
USA
1027 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  3:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit nightphoto's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the Yura would by some chance be a real original example (whether fake or not) then it could be worth the price to get it. I have always thought that there may be authentic Yuras ... not engraved by the factory, but made to sell at "City of the Stars" along with other commemorative items of Gagarin's historic flight. But, if they do exist, I think that they are like the one pictured in Princelle (page 129 second edition) with a shiny polished chrome finish, and that the later fakes have a matte finish like the one in the Auction Team Brecker auction (so my opinion is that it is a fake in that auction).
Yuri is correct ... Auction Team Brecker does not care. They are happy to make a good commission on those cameras, as they are on the FED-Sport.

Regards, Bill

Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - May 01 2008 :  09:58:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here is what to do whith fake Poland made "Yura"....
A design "souvenir" joke set
-only badges , medal, and rouble are original !!!!
http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/IMG_4219.jpg

By the way....i heard , some time ago, on a german TV channel specialized in historical documents : Yuri was not the first man in space , it was said Illiouchin' son, was the first in secret launch, hurry and ordered by Mr Kroutschev ; after what he died when landing in China area after big technical mistake.... At this time Chineses and Soviets relationship was not so easy as far as i remember and this event was kept secret.....

Sorry for this polemic message but are you ready to kindly comment this between gentlemen ?

if it is truthfull...we have now to make an "Illia" fed/zorki fake camera ...no ?

Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 01 2008 :  10:08:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
huh? Which Ilyushin?? The aircraft designer Ilyushin? I have not heard of this story.. but it does remind me of a Russian joke. I'm sure Russian speaking guys heard it. (Sorry guys, since we're somewhat on space topic heheheh )

A minister comes to Brezhnev and says "The Americans have landed on the moon!!".
To which Brezhnev replies "Quick, make executive order - we are going to send our Cosmonauts to the sun!!!"
- "But Comrade Brezhnev, they're going to burn up!"
- "What do you think - I'm stupid??!! We're going to send them at night!"

But on the serious on-topic note - Alain, I love the box set! Something that would "Ruscamera" seller on eBay do and charge $600 .
Go to Top of Page
Jacques M.
France
2599 Posts
Posted - May 02 2008 :  03:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one is excellent, Vlad!
I was aware of the accident that Alain relates. Perhaps a joke coming from these anti communist French?

To Alain: if your Yura is a fake, perhaps it is because Gagarin never went to space?

Amitiés. Jacques.

Edited by - Jacques M. on May 02 2008 04:19:39 AM
Go to Top of Page
BERRY alain
mermoz37
France
814 Posts
Posted - May 02 2008 :  04:30:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ah ah ah ...jacques .
but you know , in France , it is said Gagarin story was more a diplomatic experience than a technical flight..
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4251 Posts
My Collection

Posted - May 02 2008 :  10:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/pk000017.jpg

"Having circled the Earth in a spaceship-sputnik I saw how beautiful is our planet. People, let's protect and multiply this beauty instead of destroying it!" - Yuri Gagarin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google