Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vladislav Kern
Vlad

USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  10:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

I've made quite an interesting acquisition recently which is still in transit, but I'd like to hear your thoughts about it:

http://www.ussrphoto.com/UserContent/temp_shutter.jpg

My best guess is it's from either Moskva-1 prototype or the elusive Fotokor-3 (or is it Fotokor-2?)... anyone cares to comment?

Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  11:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a TEMP shutter produced at "Progress" Leningrad plant.
Prewar era.
Vlad - which is the lens mounted on it?
Regards
LP
Go to Top of Page
Luiz Paracampo
Luiz Paracampo
Brazil
1981 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  11:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luiz Paracampo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1938- 1939 - 1940 era
Although similar to post war KMZ MOMENT shutters, in the TEMP,
The D and K operation does not need shutter cocking. They are directly operated through the trigger.
LP
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  11:14:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luiz, thanks, yes I've also noticed the Zavod Progress logo on it, which later became part of LOOMP/LOMO.. the shutter design looks to me to be either early 40s or maybe even immediate post war maybe '47 or '48.. It looks much more advanced than the GOMZ shutter used to the Fotokor 1 and I know this was predating the Moment shutter, which had used TEMP as a basis...

I do not know which lens is on it, I will examine it closer once it arrives, which I hope should be this or next week.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 07 2008 :  11:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Heh.. sorry for redundancy, Luiz I have not seen your second post before I posted my last.
Go to Top of Page

Vladislav Kern
Vlad
USA
4247 Posts
My Collection

Posted - Jul 21 2008 :  12:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Vlad's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So I now have the TEMP shutter in my hands! Couple of more pieces of info for those interested:

The lens on it has no name, thus leading me to believe some kind of prototype possibility.

The serial number on it is 4004148 which would make it a 1940 vintage.

Also the diameter size of it is identical to the size of the GOMZ shutter on Fotokor so the camera this was meant to be is the mythical Fokotor-3 mentioned in the Vishnevskiy book and not the Moskva series since it is quite large to be put on a compact folder like that. If anyone needs any detailed image of any aspect of it beyond the ones provided above, please do let me know I will post them.

Cheers,
Vlad
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
USSRPhoto.com Forums © USSRPhoto.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Google